By Surya Prakash Dwivedi, Neeraja Dwivedi.
Read or Download Comprehensive biochemistry PDF
Best biochemistry books
Within the final two decades, study job utilizing the zebrafish Danio rerio has elevated dramatically, due partially to the benefit of breeding and elevating them, their genetic tractability, embryonic accessibility, and their imaging power. In Zebrafish: equipment and Protocols, professional researchers offer a suite of experimental ideas for the genetic amendment, manipulation, and in vivo reside imaging of zebrafish.
Meant for the single- or two-term introductory biochemistry path taught on the junior/senior point, this superbly and regularly illustrated textual content offers technology majors the most up-tp-date presentation of biochemistry on hand. Written via a chemist and a biologist, the ebook provides biochemistry from balanced views.
The severely acclaimed laboratory common, equipment in Enzymology, is likely one of the such a lot hugely revered guides within the box of biochemistry. in view that 1955, every one quantity has been eagerly awaited, usually consulted, and praised through researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence includes a lot fabric nonetheless proper this day - actually a necessary ebook for researchers in all fields of existence sciences
The significantly acclaimed laboratory regular, tools in Enzymology, is among the so much hugely revered courses within the box of biochemistry. on account that 1955, each one quantity has been eagerly awaited, often consulted, and praised by way of researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence comprises a lot fabric nonetheless correct this present day - actually an important e-book for researchers in all fields of lifestyles sciences
- Biochemistry of the Mevalonic Acid Pathway to Terpenoids
- Botulinum Neurotoxin and Tetanus Toxin
- Purine and Pyrimidine Metabolism in Man VII: Part B: Structural Biochemistry, Pathogenesis and Metabolism
- Non-Conventional Yeasts in Genetics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology: Practical Protocols
Additional resources for Comprehensive biochemistry
14. What are the evidences for the ring structure of glucose? 15. What is inversion sucrose? Which is the invert sugar? Explain. D. Write in detail on the following. 16. How are carbohydrates classified? Give example for each group. 17. Compare the structural differences between amylose, amylopectin and cellulose. 18. Explain the reactions of carbohydrates with conc. H 2S04 , HN0 3 and dilute alkali. 19. Describe chemistry and functions of starch. 20. Give the structure and functions of cellulose.
The shape of the granules is characteristics of the source of the starch. The two components, amylose and amylopectin, vary in amount among the different sources from less than 2% of amylose in waxy rice or waxy maize to about 80% amylose in amylomaize. The majority of starches contain 15 to 35% of amylose. The ratio of amylose and amylopectin is a function of the enzymes; granulosis bound starch synthase (GBSS) and soluble starch synthase (SSS). GBSS is able to synthesise amylose in a fonn that is not a substrate for 36 Comprehensive Biochemistry branching enzyme to form amylopectin.
7. Dihydroxyacetone is optically -------------------------. 8. Starch and glycogen are polymers of ------------------. 9. The repeating unit in chitin is --~-----------------. 10. Acid catalysed dehydration ofpentose yields ------------------. C. Write short answers for the following 11. Define the following (a) Anomer (b) Epimer (c) Enantiomer 46 Comprehensive Biochemistry (d) Diastereomer (e) Reducing sugar (f) Non-reducing sugar (g) Mutarotation (h) Optical activity 12. Explain mutarotation with an example.
Comprehensive biochemistry by Surya Prakash Dwivedi, Neeraja Dwivedi.