By Michael Valentine
CCNA® examination Cram
The great way to Study™
“The CCNA examination is tough and that i do not have handed it if i didn't have this publication with me. The CCNA examination Cram is an quintessential source that guided me from the advent of networking basics to the appliance of networking theories. no matter if you want to study from scratch or simply want a speedy reference, this booklet is a wonderful advisor that would certainly strengthen your wisdom of Cisco networking and get ready you for the CCNA.” –Vincent Gov, CCNA
In this ebook, you find out how to:
- Develop excellent fluency in subnetting
- Connect Cisco® apparatus, make preliminary configurations, and attach to different units to construct a network
- Configure Cisco routers and again up and repair your Cisco IOS® software program configurations
- Explain the features of Ethernet switching and the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Configure PPP and body Relay for WAN connectivity
- Understand and observe instant LAN concepts
- Mitigate community safeguard threats and safe community devices
- Build scalable routed structures utilizing dynamic routing protocols together with RIPv2, EIGRP, and OSPF
- Create VLANs and distribute VLAN info utilizing the VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Filter site visitors from one community to a different with entry regulate lists (ACL)
- Understand and enforce IPv6
Deploy community deal with Translation (NAT)
WRITTEN through CCNA Experts!
Mike Valentine has been within the IT box for 12 years, concentrating on community layout and implementation. he's at present a Cisco coach with Skyline complicated know-how providers and makes a speciality of Cisco Unified Communications guideline in addition to CCNA® and CCNP® courses.
Andrew Whitaker is the director of firm InfoSec and networking and senior education teacher for education Camp. He has accomplished a number of Cisco certifications and has written on a number of Cisco topics.
CD beneficial properties new simulation questions!
This ebook incorporates a CD-ROM that features:
- Complete assurance of CCNA examination objectives
- Realistic examination questions for potent practice
- Detailed factors of right and improper answers
- Multiple examination modes
- Flash Card format
An digital replica of the book
Read or Download CCNA Exam Cram (Exam 640-802) PDF
Best certification books
The legit research advisor for CCNP Routing examination 640-503. A step by step technique to grasp the talents and ideas validated at the examination, together with routing rules and lengthening IP addresses. The CD-ROM encompasses a customized checking out engine with perform tests that mimic the true trying out surroundings. method standards: CD-ROM force.
Contains new insurance at the advances in signaling protocols, second-generation switching and the advance of non-switched choices, and the implementation classes realized. comprises in-depth insurance of community architectures used to help VoIP, functionality and voice caliber issues, compression and integration tools for IP tranmissions.
Community safeguard is a various introductory networking booklet meant for someone from the typical domestic laptop consumer to an place of work expert to an individual trying to boost a occupation in details safeguard. This ebook covers subject matters corresponding to optimizing source usage, sharing infrastructure and making the easiest of expertise.
Real-time platforms and networks are of accelerating value in lots of purposes, together with automatic factories, telecommunication structures, security platforms, and area structures. This e-book introduces the options and state of the art examine advancements of source administration in real-time platforms and networks.
- Neural networks : a comprehensive foundation
- Bayesian Network Technologies: Applications and Graphical Models
- CCNP BSCI Exam Certification Guide
- Advanced topics in signal processing
- Cisco Networking Simplified
Extra resources for CCNA Exam Cram (Exam 640-802)
AAA F. PPP 31 32 4. Which of the following are IEEE specifications for Gigabit Ethernet? Choose 2. A. 1d B. 11 A. 3z B. 1q C. 3ab 5. Which technology is cell-switched? A. Token Ring B. FDDI C. Ethernet D. Frame Relay E. ATM F. PPP 6. Which devices were designed to segment collision domains? Choose 2. A. Hubs B. Repeaters C. MAU D. Bridge E. Switch 32 33 7. You have just acquired some new office space in a building across the street from your current space, about 350 meters away. You want to arrange for high-speed (10Mbs) network connectivity between them; which of the following choices is a valid connection option?
There are no exceptions to this rule: A valid mask is always a string of 1s, followed by 0s to fill up the rest of the 32 bits. ) Therefore, the only possible valid values in any given octet of a subnet mask are 0, 128, 192, 224, 240, 248, 252, 254, and 255. Any other value is invalid. Exam Alert You should practice associating the correct default subnet mask with any given IP address; this is another critical skill in subnetting. The Network Field Every IP address is composed of a network component and a host component.
Some applications or protocols are "hidden" from the user; for example, when you send and receive email, you might use Microsoft Outlook or Eudora or any other mail program you care to name, but the protocols that send and receive your mail are almost always going to be SMTP and POP3. The application layer protocols (and deciphered acronyms) that you should know are as follows: • HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)â Browses web pages. • FTP (File Transfer Protocol)â Reliably sends/retrieves all file types.
CCNA Exam Cram (Exam 640-802) by Michael Valentine