By Sukhinder C. Kaur (Editor)
This publication covers many points of atherogenesis, with specific emphasis on lipid and lipoprotein metabolism. It contains all features of the rules of ldl cholesterol homeostasis and the significance of every pathway. additionally explored are the jobs of nuclear hormone receptors on lipid and lipoprotein metabolism and their advanced roles in atherogenesis. The publication additional discusses how genetic reports can assist comprehend the complexities that mediate those elements of atherogenesis.
Read or Download Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease) PDF
Similar biochemistry books
Within the final two decades, learn job utilizing the zebrafish Danio rerio has elevated dramatically, due partly to the convenience of breeding and elevating them, their genetic tractability, embryonic accessibility, and their imaging power. In Zebrafish: tools and Protocols, specialist researchers supply a suite of experimental strategies for the genetic amendment, manipulation, and in vivo stay imaging of zebrafish.
Meant for the only- or two-term introductory biochemistry direction taught on the junior/senior point, this superbly and always illustrated textual content supplies technological know-how majors the most up-tp-date presentation of biochemistry to be had. Written by way of a chemist and a biologist, the ebook offers biochemistry from balanced views.
The significantly acclaimed laboratory normal, equipment in Enzymology, is without doubt one of the such a lot hugely revered courses within the box of biochemistry. due to the fact 1955, each one quantity has been eagerly awaited, usually consulted, and praised through researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence comprises a lot fabric nonetheless proper this present day - really a necessary book for researchers in all fields of existence sciences
The significantly acclaimed laboratory normal, tools in Enzymology, is without doubt one of the so much hugely revered guides within the box of biochemistry. considering the fact that 1955, each one quantity has been eagerly awaited, often consulted, and praised via researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence includes a lot fabric nonetheless appropriate at the present time - really a vital ebook for researchers in all fields of lifestyles sciences
- Copper amine oxidases : structures, catalytic mechanisms, and role in pathophysiology
- The aqueous cleaning handbook: a guide to critical-cleaning procedures, techniques, and validation
- Basic Concepts in Biochemistry A Student's Survival Guide
- Carotinoide: Ein Biochemischer Bericht uber Pflanzliche und Tierische Polyenfarbstoffe
- Computational Design of Ligand Binding Proteins
- Active Oxygen in Biochemistry
Extra info for Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease)
97. 98. 99. 100. 101. 102. 103. 21 receptor gamma and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305: 557–565, 2003. Connelly PW: The role of hepatic lipase in lipoprotein metabolism. Clin Chim Acta 286: 243–255, 1999. Dugi KA, Vaisman BL, Sakai N, Knapper CL, Meyn SM, Brewer HB Jr, Santamarina-Fojo S: Adenovirus-mediated expression of hepatic lipase in LCAT transgenic mice. J Lipid Res 38: 1822–1832, 1997. Dugi KA, Amar MJ, Haudenschild CC, Shamburek RD, Bensadoun A, Hoyt RF Jr, Fruchart-Najib J, Madj Z, Brewer HB Jr, Santamarina-Fojo S: In vivo evidence for both lipolytic and nonlipolytic function of hepatic lipase in the metabolism of HDL.
Likewise, the recent discoveries of how LCAT deficiency in the murine model significantly impact on intrahepatic TG, fatty acid, and glucose metabolism further exemplifies the multiplicity in the phenotypic changes in response to a reduction in the enzymatic activity. , a better understanding of the pathophysiologic impact of this metabolic disorder at the molecular level would enable improved and targeted therapeutic strategies. Acknowledgments: This work was in part funded by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario grant-in-aids, CIHR New Investigator Award, and CIHR Operating grants.
27. Jonas A: Lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase. Biochim Biophys Acta 1529: 245–256, 2000. 28. Tall AR: Plasma high density lipoproteins. Metabolism and relationship to atherogenesis. J Clin Invest 86: 379–384, 1990. 29. Barter PJ, Hopkins GJ, Calvert GD: Transfers and exchanges of esterified cholesterol between plasma lipoproteins. Biochem J 208: 1–7, 1982. 30. Burgess JW, Boucher J, Neville TA, Rouillard P, Stamler C, Zachariah S, Sparks DL: Phosphatidylinositol promotes cholesterol transport and excretion.
Biochemistry of Atherosclerosis (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease) by Sukhinder C. Kaur (Editor)