My Stitch Therapy workshop is all about the slow and mindful practice of fiber art - noticing the colors and textures of the materials - noticing the sound of the thread as it's pulled though the fabric... taking your time and enjoying the process.
I have created this kit to go along with the workshop, however you don't need the workshop to be inspired by these materials.
In this kit you will receive:
* one 6 inch wood embroidery hoop
* four colors of 6 strand embroider thread, each approximately 9 feet long
* loose fibers pulled from the frayed edges of fabrics I have collected
* a piece of unbleached muslin approximately 10 x 10 inches
* small scraps of fabric from my collection
* one crewel embroidery needle
* one pair of stork embroidery scissors
* a printed essay of my process
I have put a lot of thought into each kit that I assemble - choosing threads that I think will compliment the fabrics. The muslin is the base I use most often since it's natural color and simplicity allow the stitches and colors to stand out. I want to make sure the kit has everything you need and so I have included an embroidery needle (my favorite to work with) and a pair of charming embroidery scissors, because every step of stitching should be aesthetically pleasing...
If you are looking for a small collection of fabrics and threads to inspire your next project but don't need the embroidery hoop, scissors, or needle then the Stitching Stash is what you need. Each month I will create a new collection of fabric scraps, threads, loose fibers, and miscellaneous materials to inspire your stitching project.